Christmas! A festive season that brings with it warm vibes and happiness. It has always been special to me. The entire vibe, decorations and all the Christmas things brings immense joy to me.
Although Christmas is not a major festival that I celebrate, I love celebrating Christmas as much as I do other festivals. Christmas is like a emotion that just brings all the goodness with it.
Each year, I start the preparations for Christmas with cleaning house, some Christmas shopping and decor on the list.
As Christmas arrives, I deck up my Christmas tree and do the minimal decor. And as a ritual that I follow, I never miss to buy the wine cake from my favorite bakery.
Gifting is something that I usually don't do but this time I made some handmade gifts. (I have mentioned them at the end or you can also check on my Instagram page @swatyart)
And while prepping for Christmas is fun, at times I end up shopping or prepping last minute.
Here are some of the hacks that I follow for last minute Christmas preparations:
1) Choose a theme and Keep it simple: Choosing a theme doesn't have to be something fancy but rather something that can help in planning, deciding the budget and shopping easier. I prefer a simple theme by deciding on what colors I will need for the decor and will that match the idea I am planning to go for.
2) Decide what to buy: Once I have decided the theme, I make a list of all the items for Christmas shopping, food and gifts.
3) Make a plan, execute and delegate: Once I am done with the shopping part, I make a list of things to be done so that I don't miss anything. Start the preparations. If needed, I take help from someone. It's okay to take help to reduce the pressure of doing it all alone.
4) Prepare a Gift list: A gift list is a way to go. Creating a list helps to track and prepare gifts for your people with ease. This time I made a small Christmas happy box with homemade chocolates, cookies, Christmas wishes, ornaments and some cute stuff!
5) Be Merry: At times things don't go as planned or we miss something. It's alright! Enjoy Christmas season with your family and loved ones. After all it is said,
"It's not what's under the tree that matters, it's who's gathered around it"
With all the enthusiasm I celebrate Christmas in my own way with utmost love, happiness and with my loved ones. And I always wish that the spirit of Christmas bring a hope for a better and brighter tomorrow for all of us.
Lots of Love,